Top 10 Worst Casting Decisions
Oh how we love great films. And great films are generally filled with exceptional acting. Mostly. But once in a while it’s fun to have a go at those less talented actors. The lucky few who have made it on the big or little screen without as much training or God-given ability as the others.
So raise your glasses, be upstanding for the worst casting decisions ever (according to my limited knowledge). Feel free to add your favs as well. And to the casting directors who made these decisions I say both ‘thank you’ and ‘shame on you’.
- Mark Hamill – Star Wars x 3
- Hayden Christensen – other Star Wars x 3 (Oh George what were you thinking?)
- Alexis Bledel – Gilmore Girls (as much as I adore this show, the girl can’t cry! Too static)
- Julian Assange – The Simpsons (In the 500th episode Assange cameos up a storm terribly)
- Kevin Costner – Waterworld (He’s much better when he doesn’t talk so much)
- Madonna – Pick a movie, she’s pretty bad in all of them
- Gwyneth Paltrow – Duets (she may be able to sing but this was pretty poor acting)
- Pauly Shore – Encino Man, Biodome etc etc
- Ashton Kutcher – Dude where’s my acting degree? Oh Ashton!
- Keanu Reeves – Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure